Thursday 10 October 2013

Back to school - The Bento Box review


J is such a fussy eater, so I was dreading him going to school. At home, when asked what he wants for dinner, he'll normally ask for either bread and butter or rice pudding. Sometimes, he'll surprise me and ask for sausages, but that's not often. So I was secretly hoping that, by having his school friends sat eating the same things as him, it would encourage him to eat more things.

Normally, the kids would have school dinners. I prefer them to have different things each day and I remember how much I hated having sandwiches! But, looking through the school dinners menu, I realised there was a lot of things J would just not eat.

So when Munchkin offered to send us a Click Lock Bento Mealtime Set to review, I jumped at the chance!

The Click Lock Bento Mealtime Set

 From the outside, it looks much nicer than a normal sandwich box. The Clip Lock on the sides make the lid very secure (which means no crumbs or other bits of food in the bottom of his school bag!). There's even a little fork and spoon!
 Inside the box there are three separate compartments. One large and two small. On some food boxes I've found that lids are difficult to remove. Not a problem here though, they were so easy to remove and place back on, which is great as it means J can be independent with his lunch box.





 I sliced up some cucumber, J's favourite food at the moment! As you can see, I managed to get a good few slices in the one compartment. I put some coleslaw in the other, just for the picture, but it shows how much you could put in there.
 Nice and secure in the pots, I love that they are removable so if I wanted to make J some pasta (another favourite) he could have his sandwiches in one side and pasta in the other.

 The only thing I was disappointed with was that the main part for the sandwiches wasn't that big. In the photo you can see I had to remove the crusts from the bread for them to fit in, which was a shame as J loves his crusts - but there was a little extra room then so could fit in a sausage roll.
It looks so tidy and smart when everything's inside. J was so excited to take it into school and show his friends. I've even had other mums ask me where to get it as their child wanted one.










Overall, it was a brilliant lunch box. It certainly does the job it's intended for and with many uses I can see us using this for many years to come.


Disclaimer: We were sent the Click Lock Mealtime set for free to review. However, our opinion is 100% our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment