Friday 20 September 2013

It's too cold!!


That's it - Summer is over. Not officially, but the weather has made it's mind up. Gone are the lovely sunny days, the walks along the canal to feed the ducklings and cygnets. Those ducklings and cygnets are now grown and hopefully next summer we will be feeding their offspring. That is, if they'll be old enough - I have no duck knowledge at all!

Soon it'll be wellies and snowsuits out to play in the snow, schools shutting because teacher's can't get in and parents having to work from home. But I love it!

I love having the kids home when it snows. When I was in school, we had to go in, and there were more inches of snow back then. I didn't like that, sat in soggy clothes all day just wishing to go out and play snowballs or make a snowman. Now I get to do it with the kiddies. We have snowball fights, me losing every time of course, we build a snowman, or attempt to at least, and we even get their uncle to pull them around in their sledges!
This is J and his cousins being pulled by my brother. Great fun!

So, I'm ready for this years snow - if we have any. Bring it on!!

Do you like the snow?



No comments:

Post a Comment